Title: Recruitment Specialist
Job Category: Administrative/Professional
Department: ASA Aviation Management and Flight-SIUC
College: College of Health and Human Sciences-SIUC
Position Summary: The Department of Aviation Management and Flight in the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) at Southern Illinois University Carbondale is seeking applicants for a Recruitment Specialist position. This is a term, Administrative/Professional position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates department recruitment activities and makes visits to middle/high schools, and colleges.
- Coordinates the enrollment management function and selective admission process for the department.
- Serves independently as the point person for student recruitment and recruiting events.
- Develops/maintains communications and marketing materials.
- Provides career and academic counseling to prospective and current students.
- Works with the Aviation LLCs.
- Works closely with chair and staff on open houses/recruitment fairs.
- Maintains good working relationships with Illinois and border states' high schools and community colleges.
- Organizes new student welcome activities.
- Maintains the school's website and posts information to social media platforms (including Facebook/Twitter/Etc.).
- Prepares reports/proposals, responds to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff.
- Helps secure/coordinate student internship/externship locations.
- Advising incoming flight students as required.
Bachelor's degree in aviation, education, business, management, marketing, technical field, or other related degree with minimum of three years combined experience in student recruitment, academic advisement, program development, and/or student placement.
Master's degree in aviation, education, business, management, marketing, technical field, or other related degree with minimum of one year combined experience in student or industry recruitment, academic advisement, program development, and/or student placement.
Must possess excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and ability to use social media.
Must be able to travel overnight and weekends and have a valid driver's license.
Apply online at http://jobs.siu.edu
Deadline to Apply: 6/18/2021 or until filled
Contact for further information: Rhonda Ferguson
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: 618-453-9245