Location: New Orleans, LA
The LBC and Commons Complex Loading Dock Master has primary responsibility for supervision and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the loading dock. This position will plan, organize, and monitor the shipping, receiving, storage and distribution of all items in the loading dock. The Loading Dock Master will partner with the Receiving Clerk to coordinate movement of all food-related product. This position will enforce loading dock policies and procedures while fostering a safe work environment.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience related to loading dock operations and management
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and be on call after hours as needed
- Ability to assist with the moving furniture and equipment for events as needed
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of times
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse client base.
- General understanding and usage of loading dock equipment
- Knowledge of loading dock safety measures
- High school diploma with 2 years of related facilities and/or loading dock experience.
- Proven leadership, communication, andinterpersonal skills to work with diverse client base
- Experience with loading dock equipment includingbox balers and trash compactors
- Knowledge, training, and experience in loadingdock safety measures.
This position is assigned to pay grade O4.23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.