Posting Number: req5530
Department: Vet Med Administration
Location: Outside of Tucson
Address: 1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737-9525 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine (UA-CVM), located in Oro Valley, Arizona, invites applicants to join its Information Technology Services Team as an IT Support Analyst, Senior. This position is responsible for providing support and training to University constituents to address information technology issues with hardware and software. This may include technical support for laptops, desktops, and mobile devices, as well as application support. The IT Support Analyst, Sr will act as liaison between customer and other technical units. This position will design, build, deliver, and maintain technology solutions that enhance research, learning, and operations. The successful candidate will provide expertise in technology strategy, policies, plans, architecture, deployment, and maintenance of the University's applications, systems, and hardware infrastructure for security and ongoing end user services. Responsibilities include operating system and software upgrades, network management, systems administration, user training, and general troubleshooting of workstations and devices. Well qualified candidates should have customer service knowledge and experience, as well as technical knowledge and experience.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement customized system modifications to reduce user problems where no known existing knowledge base and support history records exist.
- Design, configure, test, and install hardware and software.
- Manage/administer organization units (OUs) through Active Directory for supported units.
- Management/support of the O365 environment for supported units.
- User management using Grouper.
- Provide user administration & permissions for enterprise systems.
- Acts as liaison between users and other technical units.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills, and the ability to work both effectively and cooperatively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of computers, networks, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to provide information technology related customer service and training to users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Knowledge in analyzing computer hardware and software problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills and in dealing with multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems.
- Experience with PC and Apple hardware troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in University systems such as UAccess, KFS, and Office 365.
- 3 years of customer service experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.