The Graduate School is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Office Coordinator and Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Dean, along with Associate Dean's, providing executive level support. The incumbent will serve on-site as the primary liaison for communications with academic units, Virginia Tech administration, faculty, staff, students, and external constituents on behalf of the Dean. Responsibilities include effective calendar management; answering and forwarding incoming calls; ordering supplies; processing mail; coordinating travel arrangements for departmental leadership; planning meetings; drafting agendas, meeting minutes, and correspondence; assistance with creating and/or updating professional presentations; and other routine office duties. The incumbent will update, organize, and maintain office records, support special projects, and use discretion when working with confidential information. The incumbent will work closely with a variety of boards associated with graduate education, be an integral part of the administrative team, provide back-up fiscal support, and report to the Assistant Dean, Director of Finance and Administration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related training and/or experience.
- Experience providing program and/or administrative support in an academic or professional office environment.
- Experience and skill with office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Demonstrated professionalism in working with confidential and sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, anticipate the needs of supervisors, and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with experience in process documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people including administrators, faculty, staff, students, and external constituents.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience with scheduling and event logistics.
- Experience working with graduate students, processes, and records management.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures related to travel, payroll, procurement, FERPA and human resources.
- Proficiency with institutional software such as Banner, HokieMart, HokieSpa, Chrome River, and TimeClock Plus.
- Experience with G Suite for Education applications and google forms.
Commensurate with experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.