New Orleans, LA
May 15, 2021Description
Postdoctoral position in the Department of Medicine, Tulane University, School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA. Participation in laboratory research activities within the lab of Dr. Thannickal studying the biology of aging in lung diseases.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or relevant biological sciences
- At least one year of experience performing research experiments and proficiency in basic laboratory techniques.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop and statistical software.
- Designing, coordinating and management of research experiments for human and/or animal studies.
- Writing protocols for animal (IACUC) and human (IRB) studies.
- Analyzing data and preparing publishable reports and writing grants.
- Animal (mouse or rats) handling, drug administration and sample collection including intestinal tissues.
- Maintenance and handling of tissues/cells in cell culture for in vitro studies.
- Protein, DNA and RNA isolation from human and animal samples.
- Real-time RT-PCR, miRNAs, siRNAs, PCR and protein arrays, ELISA, Western blots, cloning and sequencing.
- Flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, cell/tissue staining and other histology techniques.
- Image and statistical analyses, and other relevant software.
- Laboratory management and staff training
- Collaborator, can work independently and as a team player
Please apply via Interfolio link.