Location: New Orleans, LA
Works with the Senior Department Administrator, Chair and Research Faculty to oversee financial administrative and operations management of the research programs of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology - AAU Section.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Administrative and management experience
- Financial and budgetary development and management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent computer skills including use of Excel and Excel Pivot Tables.
- Experience using data to make management decisions and for planning
- Ability to prioritize function independently, and to work well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication
REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECK, PHYSICAL, AND DRUG SCREENING FOR INCUMBENTS WHO HAVE CONTACT OR EXPOSURE TO ANIMALS OR ANIMAL TISSUES:
Selected candidates must complete and pass a background check and an occupational health screening as a condition of employment. For identified jobs, a drug screening will also be required. The background investigation, required occupational health screening, and any required drug screening will be conducted after a conditional employment offer has been extended.Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years directly-related work experience or high school diploma or equivalent with 6 years directly-related work experience.
- 2 years or 6 years, depending on education
- Experience with research grants management
- Experience in preparing research and grant budgets
- Experience in research operations, and including a comfort level being in and around the bench
- laboratory environment including the use of animals in research
- Familiarity with the standards for Appropriate Conduct of Research and Academic Integrity in Research
- Familiarity with the major funding programs for bench research in the United States
This position is assigned to pay grade P3.26. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.