Job Number: REQ_0000015137
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a candidate for a Research Technologist. The position includes the design, implementation and evaluation of various research projects. Functions include providing support in areas including instrumentation, data management and laboratory operations. The research position requires the performing of a variety of specialized tasks associated with developing, designing and conducting research experiments in a molecular toxicology and pharmacology laboratory. Typical lab duties include:
- Apply standard scientific practices, techniques, and methods as appropriate for biological and cellular science research, correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow protocols through a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Contribute to cell culture and biochemical experiments in the laboratory which may include measurements and recording of observations, collecting, compiling and processing of data
- Organize data/findings for use in technical reports, documents, or oral/written presentations
- Coordinate ordering, maintaining appropriate inventory, storage, and maintenance of supplies, lab ware, and instruments essential to the operation of the lab
- Instructs others in protocols and instrumentation
- May supervise lower level staff, wage employees and/or students
Required Education and Training
Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with good possibility of re-funding.This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.