Post Award and Fiscal Associate performs post-award financials and administrative functions associated with external funding sources for Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI), the largest university level institute with annual external expenditures of $40 million. This position will have broad responsibility for performing analysis and interpretation of financial and/or operational issues. Responsible for compliance with both university and award agency policies, especially ensuring that all direct charges to projects are appropriate. Serve as liaison between the VTTI research teams, the university's Office of Sponsored Programs, the Purchasing Office, the Controller's Office, Risk Management, and other internal departments and external groups as needed; fostering teamwork and collaboration. May assist with team member training. Works with the principal investigator and/or project manager to facilitate the contract administrative requirements, including providing guidance on procurements, special reporting requirements, and budget planning and reviews using Summit. Responsible for completing financial reports and other university fiscal processes by established deadlines and facilitating project closeout in a prompt and efficient manner. The ability to exercise judgment, facilitate problem resolution, and prioritize effectively. As a vital member of the VTTI finance team, the Post Award and Fiscal Associate will report to the VTTI Finance Operations Manager.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field(s), or lesser degree with significant relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated problem solving, leadership, and independent initiative.
- Demonstrated experience and/or college coursework with emphasis on accounting, finance, or government/business regulations and administration.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Experience handling time-sensitive and confidential records. -Able to work independently to prioritize assignments in a high volume, team environment.
- University financial experience.
- Experience managing external sponsored funding.
- Demonstrated practical experience in interpretation and application of policies and procedures including institutional policies and procedures and/or contractual terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated experience and/or working knowledge of some federal and nonfederal regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience with complex financial systems.
- Experience with enterprise financial systems such as Banner, , Summit, MicroStrategy, or the equivalent programs used in large research organizations.
Commensurate with Experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact (Lisa Eichelberger) at (firstname.lastname@example.org) during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.