Job ID: 227853
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for leading and facilitating the planning and execution of multiple HR functions related to Talent Acquisition and HR Strategy.
- Collaborates with CHRO and Deputy CHRO, HR Operations in designing and regularly assessing and updating the HR vision, goals and strategic plan
- Ensures HR staff understands and supports the vision and are actively working toward accomplishing goals
- Designs and develops strategic Talent Acquisition programs including overall recruiting strategy, sourcing and screening applicants, negotiation of offers and onboarding of new staff
- Defines roles and responsibilities of hiring team, and manages the full life cycle recruitment (post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, onboarding, etc.)
- Develops recruitment and appropriate marketing strategies for sourcing candidate pools, including the sourcing of passive candidates
- Develops service-level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle while minimizing cost-per-hire
- Serves as a business partner with university leadership to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction
- Develops effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring
- Partners with the Diversity and Inclusion division to create search training targeted at ensuring talent pools are diverse and inclusive and that search participants understand the legal guidelines for interviewing, are trained in behavioral interviewing techniques
- Work closely with the HRIS manager to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of broad experience in Human Resources, with specific experience in Talent Acquisition is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience is also required.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting Talent Acquisition programs, policies and practices.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting talent related programs including performance management, talent development, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Experience in capturing HR metrics and producing analytics for use by managers for employee decisions.
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=227853&PostingSeq=1