Job TitleCurriculum Specialist (School of General Education)
The Curriculum Specialist (CS) serves as the project leader and instructional design specialist for the Curriculum & Innovation ("C&I") team. The CS manages curriculum design and development processes with appropriate stakeholders (chairs, subject matter experts, course leads, etc.). The CS is responsible for managing course development projects, including adherence to project timelines, and conformance with school and organizational standards.
As project manager, the CS is responsible for applying principles of instructional design to continuous quality improvement of courses and programs. The CS monitors and reviews course materials for quality and guides decisions based on available data. In addition the CS is responsible for creating documents and some multimedia.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple simultaneous projects by applying strong project management, including excellent communication and time management in a virtual environment to meet stated deadlines.
- Oversees the development of courses associated with specific disciplines and ensures that all courses are developed on schedule.
- Monitor and report on project status, progress, deviation from schedule, and issues that require resolution.
- Guides course leads, SMEs, and other stakeholders through the curriculum development process.
- Instructional Design:
- Provides instructional design guidance for all stakeholders in the development of course content, assessments, outcomes, and grading rubrics aligned to PG curriculum standards.
- Designs and creates instructional media elements, using appropriate technology, aligned to principles that support student learning.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, including Multimedia Specialists, to design advanced multimedia aligned to PG media standards.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to support continuous quality improvement of assigned courses.
- Participates in curriculum evaluation, planning, and research related to curriculum quality and effectiveness, and ensuring all decisions are based on available data.
- Liaison for handling course issues with all stakeholders (course lead, chair, publisher, production, etc).
- Maintains accurate course documentation within all repositories.
- Performs all other duties and tasks as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Curriculum Development, Education, Instructional Design, or Instructional Technology from a regionally accredited institution; Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years related experience
- Online curriculum development and instructional design
- Knowledgeable with eCollege and/or LMS systems, Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products. Familiar with synchronous/collaborative technologies, project management tools and Web 2.0/cloud based tools.
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization. Demonstrates technological flexibility and adaptation. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively both individually, and as a member of a team.
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Experience creating instructional media using tools such as Articulate Presenter, QuizMaker, StudyMate and the ability to learn emerging technologies preferred.
Job Functional Area
Business UnitBU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue Global is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.