The Custodial Supervisor is guided at all times by the mission, vision, and principles of Campus Services and instills a commitment to these values among all team members. The Custodial Supervisor fosters a welcoming, supportive, and diverse workforce and environment.
The Custodial Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of custodial services in an assigned area(s), including all routine and specialty work. The supervisor will be expected to work closely with customer representatives as well as other members of management to provide consistently high levels of customer satisfaction.Job-Specific Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure cleaning schedules and routines to meet customer expectations for cleanliness and sanitary conditions in compliance with all applicable environmental health and safety requirements. Continually review and adjust schedules and routines as needed.
- Schedule, assign and supervise work performed by hourly custodial employees.
- Perform regular cleaning quality inspections for all areas. Document inspection results and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Maintains daily contact with customer representatives (both electronic and face-to-face) to ensure optimal delivery of service.
- Responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment.
- Manage employee performance; conduct counsel or discipline actions as necessary. Demonstrate sound judgement in the application of performance management with respect to both the collective bargaining agreement and established departmental policies and protocols.
- Provide hands-on training to custodians in effective cleaning procedures, proper use of equipment and cleaning solutions, building security, and environmental health and safety regulations.
- Ensures compliance with University payroll procedures among all assigned supervisors and work crews. Serve as payroll timekeeper for assigned supervisors and work crews. Maintains and authorizes the electronic (Maximo) payroll system.
- Ensure compliance with all customer-established procedures for use and care of facilities.
- Ensure compliance with all city/state/federal ordinances relating to environmental issues, recycling regulations and building safety.
- Coordinate and supervise customer requested function set-ups, snow removal operations and response to emergency conditions.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory supply and conduct regular inventory audits. Maintain accurate records of both inventory and supply inventories and report information regularly per departmental protocols.
- Participate in department and other related meetings and required trainings as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience in a customer-focused custodial operation required.
- College coursework or degree preferred. Specialized knowledge of effective custodial and housekeeping procedures and cleaning systems.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills required.
- Additional language skills in either Spanish, Portuguese or French Creole strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Must be physically fit and mentally alert at all times. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, and access non-handicap accessible workspaces/areas as well as confined spaces.
Must be able to walk up and down stairs, climb ladders, etc. and routinely walk between campus buildings/areas. Must be able to enter various types of buildings, industrial plants, and/or construction sites. Required to wear personal protective equipment where necessary. Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate all custodial duties required of his/her crew.Additional Information
Critical Operations Personnel (required to provide on-site support during emergency situations as determined by management).
Harvard University Central Administration's commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is rooted in our belief in drawing on the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity. Our community strives to uphold these beliefs by honoring the rights, differences, and dignity of others and embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. We aim to foster a campus culture where everyone can thrive, a key to which is ensuring that each of us experience a profound sense of inclusion and belonging.
USA - MA - Cambridge
327056 Custodial Supervisor
Energy & Facilities
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Criminal, DMV, Drug Testing, Education, Employment, Identity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.