The Department of Medicine at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Grants Resources Specialist. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and directing financial activities pre and post award for the Ryan White Programs within the Department of Medicine.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Financial Management:
- Monitor financial performance and regulatory positions
- Budgeting of awards and reconciliation to the financials.
- Prepare multi-year budgets and strategically plan for multiple awards.
- Maintain centralized administrative and financial policies
- Compile and maintain comprehensive financial records
- Manage purchasing-submit requisitions for procurement; make pcard expenditures
- Manage contracts
- Personnel and Payroll Management:
- Manage program payroll
- Assign effort to awards and prepare and direct labor distributions and adjustments according to award
- Revenue Management
- Manage and monitor program income on all Ryan White awards, including 340B income
- Track program income and other revenue and awards
- System-wide ability to report and summarize financial information
- Prepare end of award financial reporting
- Compliance with Grants and Finance
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with federal state and granting agencies
- Assure billing compliance with Medicare and third party payers related to grant reimbursements v billing for research projects
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and effectiveness by identifying future needs
- Work with other units within the Department of Medicine and with other University and Hospital units, as well as granting agencies.
- Maintain awareness of changes in federal healthcare regulatory environment
- Streamline practices, assure consistent application of policies
- Coordinate logistics of meetings, workshops and conferences for training, presentations and testing sites. Support faculty and staff with travel settlements and reimbursements
- Support daily operations
Pay Grade: 16
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Two (2) years of experience:
- Accounting and finance experience
- Grant participation
- Expert knowledge of 2 CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Guidance, Cost Principles and Audit requirements for federal awards; Generally accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- High level problem identification and mitigation skills
- Expert knowledge of Oracle financials
- Super KC user
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Maintain certification of all computer based learning modules and internal financial training
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 14, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes