Location: New Orleans, LA
The Senior Director of Development, Freeman School of Business is a full-time professional fundraising position reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, Major Gifts. The Senior Director will work closely with the Dean of the Tulane Freeman School of Business in determining the overall strategy for the school's fundraising efforts. The position will maintain a portfolio of major gift prospects, with a focus on securing gift commitments in the range of $100,000 and above in concert with the School's strategic priorities and objectives. The position will lead and manage a team of major gift officers, the Director of Business Alumni Relations, and support staff members.
The Senior Director will ensure that their direct reports collaborate with gift officers, special programs, and alumni relations staff throughout the Office of Advancement as well as Freeman School faculty and staff to develop strategies for prospects, donors and volunteers to optimize Tulane's short-term and long-term fundraising success. The position is a member of the Associate Vice President for Development's leadership team and will work closely with colleagues from Principal Giving, Campaigns and Strategy, Stewardship, Donor Relations, Corporate, Foundation and Research Relations, Advancement Information Services, Research, Advancement Communications, Annual Giving, Alumni Relations and other offices throughout the university.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to write and speak in a clear, sincere, and compelling manner
- Demonstrated experience in prospect identification, relationship building, and major gift solicitation, preferably in higher education
- Experience in asking for large gifts and/or staffing volunteers to ask for large gifts
- Ability to manage, mentor, and develop a fundraising team
- Ability to travel frequently (40%) as well as attend events on evenings and weekends
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple activities, demands, and/or projects simultaneously, while maintaining a high degree of effectiveness, a spirit of collaboration, and a sense of humor
- Demonstrated initiative and self-starting capacity
- Ability and professional style to work with university leadership, trustees, volunteers, and top donors in an effective, graceful, and sophisticated manner
- Experience working with sensitive information and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years' experience of direct fundraising experience with a proven track record of closing gifts at the $100K level and above. Transferable experience including marketing, volunteer management, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, trust officer, or sales may be considered
- High school diploma or equivalent, and 13 years' direct experience with a proven track record of closing gifts at the $100K level and above. Transferable experience including marketing, volunteer management, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, trust officer, or sales may be considered
- Experience in a research university environment, preferably in a school or unit
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education
- Knowledge of various software systems, such as Word, Excel, and a prospect management database
- Experience managing volunteers or coordinating a volunteer committee
This position is assigned to pay grade M3.27PREM. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.